Camp Half-Blood Role Play Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On Half-Blood Hill

4 posters

Go down

On Half-Blood Hill Empty On Half-Blood Hill

Post by Penny Killian Tue May 26, 2009 6:04 pm

"Hey, kid, there's nothing here." The rough-looking taxi cab driver looked into the backseat from the rearview mirror. He was haggerd and tired from his passenger's insane directions, his five o'clock shadow even more apparent now.

Penny Killian looked up quickly, pushing a strand of honey-blonde hair back behind her ear. "Oh, I just have to get out here, take this!" She tossed him a wad of mortal money, the last of her stash. He didn't say anything more as she grabbed her simple lime green backpack. It had a few changes of clothes, some gold coins, called drachmas apparently (though she thought they had gone out of use in Rome) which she had been given by another run away. She felt a slither inside of the pack as she hopped out hurridly.

"Don't worry, Aria!" She spoke aloud though no one was there. "We're almost here. That girl said we'd know when we got here." A dark green grass snake slithered out of the top as the cab drove away. The snake, Aria, glanced back and hissed urgently. When Penny looked back, she began to run. A pair of lizard women chased after her, yelling hoarsly, "Get back here, demigod! We just want a snack!" The other hissed, "Such a pain to chase that cab. Why not stop, give up here? It won't hurt... Maybe."

Penny ran, her muscular legs from Guatemala sending her up the hill quickly. The pine tree! Just like the girl said there would be! She dashed, calling, "Help, please! Please, help me!!" She hoped her cries would reach someone, anyone...
Penny Killian
Penny Killian
Daughter of Apollo

Back to top Go down

On Half-Blood Hill Empty Re: On Half-Blood Hill

Post by Stasha Shotaru Tue May 26, 2009 6:42 pm

Stasha heard a shout for help and turned. She ran up the hill, hoping she'd get there in time. Her legs pushed her faster and faster until she reached the top of the hill. A gasp escaped her lips and she drew her bronze and silver dagger.

"Hold on!" Stasha charged down the hill, in the direction of the girl. She was new at this sure, but she was a great fighter. She reached the girl and told her to stand behind her. Once that was said, Stasha glared at the snake women. Could she really take on two of them?

"Stay back." then she charged. Stasha twirled and spun, lashing out at the monsters. One of them hit her and she flew to the ground. Stasha got up again and stabbed one in the arm, it turned to dust. One more to go. Stasha lept at the monster and destroyed it as well. She wiped her forehead and turned to the girl behind her.

"Hey, I'm Stasha." She greeted. Stasha smiled and wiped her dagger onher hoody. She sheathed it and held out her hand for the girl to take.
Stasha Shotaru
Stasha Shotaru
Daughter of Eros

Back to top Go down

Post by Penny Killian Tue May 26, 2009 8:20 pm

Penny, gasping from her run and her now fading panic, nodded. After the girl fought the lizard women and they disentigrated, she deceided to trust this girl. After all, it's hard not to trust someone who saves you from dragon women. "Hi. I'm Penny." She said quietly as she took Stasha's hand. Aria slithered out of her green pack and settled on her shoulder, tongue flickering.

As Penny stood up, her mind whirled with questions. "Where am I? And... What were those?" She deceided to start with those two questions first, as they appeared more pressing now. Her blue eyes glowed faintly with curiousity, and gratitude toward a new friend.
Penny Killian
Penny Killian
Daughter of Apollo

Back to top Go down

Post by Stasha Shotaru Tue May 26, 2009 8:34 pm

Stasha nodded, smiling at the girl. She seemed to be confused to what exactly was going on. To be expected. She had been the same way when she'd first arrived at camp.

"Nice to meet you Penny." Stasha replied, watching the snake slither onto her shoulder. She smiled at the snake and felt a breeze blow by. Stasha heard Penny's next question and smirked.

"Well, we're at Camp Half-Blood. But let's not discuss that here." Stasha turned to point up the hill. "That's where we'll be safest. Come on." Stasha waited for the girl to follow her before she began walking as well.

"And those my friend, were snake women. Or at least, that's the only title I've ever been told. I've been here for about a month, so I don't know many monsters names." Stasha sighed and looked at the girl.
Stasha Shotaru
Stasha Shotaru
Daughter of Eros

Back to top Go down

Post by Penny Killian Tue May 26, 2009 8:46 pm

Penny nodded in understanding. Then looked curiously at Stasha. "Camp Half-Blood? That sounds like a strange camp." She walked with her. She indicated her snake, "Oh, and this is Aria, by the way. Say hi, Aria!"

The snake glanced at Stasha, tongue still flickering, and gave the slightest of nods. Penny stroked her head. "She's been my best friend the past month. She's not much for conversation, but she's always been there." She smiled slightly.

Penny looked up toward the hilltop, where the tall pine tree stood. She thought in silence for a little while. Then, she asked Stasha a question that had been bothering her for years. "Why can't mortals see those monsters? They're even yelling about eating us, and they just look the other way. Are we... different? I mean, you saw them... right?"

Penny took a deep breath, suddenly apprehensive. That was more than she was used to saying, but she needed someone to talk to, someone who understood and could answer her desperate questions. Questions she wished she had known the answer to so she could have comforted Celestina when the huge, monster dog attacked. She hoped Celestina didn't worry about her. She was a great cousin, and a good mom to her. She sighed with these thoughts, then faced Stasha again.

((Oh, by the way, Hi Stasha! Tis I, Molione! Very Happy ))
Penny Killian
Penny Killian
Daughter of Apollo

Back to top Go down

Post by Stasha Shotaru Tue May 26, 2009 8:59 pm

Stasha smirked, just like her when she first arrived here. In fact, almost exactly like her. "I know it sounds weird, but trust me, you'll be sfe here." Stasha walked with Penny up the hill. Once they reached the top Stasha figured it was time to explain. She smiled at the snake on Penny's shoulder and took a deep breath.

"Mortals can't see the monsters because of a thing called mist. Think of it as a magical barrier between normal mortals and demigods. Well that and other greek myths." Though they weren't myths... at least not any more. Stasha frowned at teh question of 'were they different'. Stasha nodded solenmly to that question and began another explaination.

"Well you see Penny, we're demigods. Half god, half human. You, much like myself, have a god parent. Though we have yet to know just who that will be." Stasha looked around, hoping no other monsters were around. She smiled when she saw that everything was okay. It was a habit she'd developed once living here at camp.

((Ohmygosh! Hi Moli! Great to have you here!))
Stasha Shotaru
Stasha Shotaru
Daughter of Eros

Back to top Go down

Post by Poseidon Tue May 26, 2009 9:04 pm

((Moli, You said shh dont tell))

Poseidon wanted to make a surprise visit to camp Half Blood and meet the new children. He was being very ecstatic as he was eager to meet the new children. He whirled in with a mist of water and saw a girl take off the head of a Gorgon. "Wow!" Poseidon muttered to himself.

He was wearing Bahama shorts and a flowered tee. He was covered in a great base tan and looked around. He laughed to himself at the fact that a brand new child had done that.

The children were very close to him when he looked down. "Hello, Do you know who I am?" He asked being very patient.
Poseidon
Poseidon
Admin

https://camphalfbloodrpg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stasha Shotaru Tue May 26, 2009 9:15 pm

Stasha heard someone off in the distance, but paid no head to it. She figured it was another camper. Right now getting Penny to understand all of this was the important thing. Although when she noticed the person speaking was an older man, she turned to speak with him.

"Um hi sir, I don't think I know who you are." Stasha looked the man up and down. "Nope, I don't know you." She really had no idea how this person would have gotten to camp, but she was going to find out.
Stasha Shotaru
Stasha Shotaru
Daughter of Eros

Back to top Go down

Post by Poseidon Tue May 26, 2009 9:18 pm

"Well, young half-blood, I am Lord Poseidon, I am King of the Underwater, God of Horses, Earthshaker. I have come to visit the Camp. You have past the tree so I came to meet you." Poseidon shrunk in size and looked younger. Almost like a Demigod.
Poseidon
Poseidon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stasha Shotaru Tue May 26, 2009 9:21 pm

Stasha's eyes widened. She stuttered out an apology to the sea lord. "I'm sorry sir, I should've known." Stasha fidgetted with her shirt hem, trying to think of something to say. She looked at Penny and gasped.

"Oh sorry sir, this is Penny. She just arrived." Stasha said, hoping that the God of the Sea wasn't too angry with her.
Stasha Shotaru
Stasha Shotaru
Daughter of Eros

Back to top Go down

Post by Poseidon Tue May 26, 2009 9:26 pm

"Don't worry, I am not displeased with your assumption." Poseidon mentioned noticing the young lady fidgeting. He looked at the astonished girl to her right and thought nothing of it.

"Does she know, about the monsters, the Gorgon you beheaded, the Mist, the gods and Goddesses?" Poseidon pondered.
Poseidon
Poseidon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stasha Shotaru Tue May 26, 2009 9:32 pm

Stasha sighed out of relief. She smiled and almost hugged the god before her, but thought better of it. He was just too cool. Stasha then noticed that Poseidon had asked if Penny knew anything.

"Yea, I explained, but I didn't know those were Gorgons that I killed." Stasha said astonished. She smiled, knowing she'd done a good job. Everything here was so amazing. Stasha looked at Penny, a sad thought running through her mind. She'll never be normal again. How sad. Stasha thought to herself.
Stasha Shotaru
Stasha Shotaru
Daughter of Eros

Back to top Go down

Post by Penny Killian Wed May 27, 2009 7:14 am

Penny gazed in wonder at the god. Poseidon?? How...? Penny began, rather quickly, to believe in the gods and goddesses of Greek myths. The stories Celestina had read to her when she was young. They were all true. Oh Celestina. If only you could see this. She thought in amazement.

"Lord Poseidon," She bowed. "I am honored that I have gotten to see you in real life. You are telling me, that all the Greek myths are true? Because, pardon me for saying, Lord, but that is... wow." She shook her head in amazement at her own situation.

Aria also dipped her head to the sea god. The dark green snake adjusted to loop lightly over her shoulder, watching with dark, keen eyes.

((I was just kidding, Poseidon. Very Happy Besides, this is my buddy Stasha we're talking about! Very Happy I don't mind people knowing I came from Half-Blood Hill. I'm proud of it! Cool ))
Penny Killian
Penny Killian
Daughter of Apollo

Back to top Go down

Post by Percy Jackson Wed May 27, 2009 3:19 pm

Percy saw Poseidon and came running up, "Hi Father, oh, we have another newbie. Dad, she probably doesn't know if she is new. I am not giving the tour, I remember what happened and I don't want to do it." he said. My father here, wow, I think I may just walk back soon "Hi, I am Percy Jackson, Son of Poseidon." he said

((I am Hermes from Half-Blood Hill))
Percy Jackson
Percy Jackson
Son of Poseidon

http://percyjacksonrpg.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Penny Killian Wed May 27, 2009 4:36 pm

Penny nodded respectfully to the older, more experianced teen. "A son of Poseidon! Wow!" She smiled to hide her embarassment. She was just another newbie to give a tour too, according to the this obviously important camper. She had to admit that was a blow to her self esteem.

She turned to Stasha instead as Aria hissed fiercely at Percy. "Where am I supposed to go, Stasha?" Penny asked her friend. Despite Percy's comments, she was excited she had a place to go, a place to stay. She even had a new friend, and she had met a god! She smiled, a genuine smile this time. Aria, sensing her change in mood, rested her head on her shoulder, content now that her mistress was happy.
Penny Killian
Penny Killian
Daughter of Apollo

Back to top Go down

Post by Percy Jackson Wed May 27, 2009 4:43 pm

"Well I am sorry the cat attacked me and chased me to the creek." he said. He reached for his pen which was Riptide when the snake hissed at him. He then realized it was harmless. "I guess I could show you around since your snake won't chase me. Come on, I will show you the cabins and where you are staying. You can pick out your spot, maybe you could get a bunk." he said.

((We could now go to the cabin area on the site and make a thread for it))
Percy Jackson
Percy Jackson
Son of Poseidon

Back to top Go down

Post by Penny Killian Wed May 27, 2009 5:04 pm

Penny looked back nervously. What about Stasha? She thought to herself. She was nervous of leaving her friend behind, since she didn't really know anyone else. She bit her lip. She took a deep breath. Confidence, Penny. Celestina always told you to carry your head high.

She turned to Percy. "O-ok. I'll come with you. Stasha? Are you coming, too?" She looked back hopefully at her new friend. Aria glanced at the black-haired boy appraisingly, making sure he wasn't mean to Penny.
Penny Killian
Penny Killian
Daughter of Apollo

Back to top Go down

Post by Percy Jackson Wed May 27, 2009 5:08 pm

"Oh, I am sure she well come. She could help." he said as they were walking. "The cabins are this way" he said pointing to the path. "The one with the Caduceus is the one you well be staying at. It is the Hermes Cabin."he said following the path.
Percy Jackson
Percy Jackson
Son of Poseidon

Back to top Go down

Post by Penny Killian Wed May 27, 2009 6:13 pm

Penny nodded. "The god of messengers and travelers. That makes sense." She glanced back to make sure Stasha was following.

She gazed around as they began walking down the hill deeper into the camp. The strawberry scent filled her nose, soothing her. She saw a half man, half goat skiping through the fields. A satyr? No way!! She watched him play his reed pipes. Just like the myths! She saw a lake, the sun glinting off of it beautifully in the afternoon light. She saw campers walking around, all wearing orange shirts like Percy's. Wow... She thought, her eyes wide as she took everything in.

((I'll start a thread in the Hermes cabin unless you do first!! Very Happy ))
Penny Killian
Penny Killian
Daughter of Apollo

Back to top Go down

Post by Percy Jackson Wed May 27, 2009 6:20 pm

((You can make it))
Percy Jackson
Percy Jackson
Son of Poseidon

Back to top Go down